Official Rules: 59th GRAMMY Week Seatfilling Opportunity
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The 2017 “59th GRAMMY Week Seatfilling Opportunity” Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Officers, directors, employees and agents of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, Inc. (“THE RECORDING ACADEMY” or “Sponsor”), The NARAS Foundation, Inc., d/b/a The GRAMMY Foundation, MusiCares Foundation, Inc., The GRAMMY Museum, The Latin Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, Inc. (“LATIN RECORDING ACADEMY”) and their respective affiliated companies, agencies, and immediate families (collectively, the “THE RECORDING ACADEMY Affiliates”) and are not eligible to participate. The Contest is governed by U.S. law, is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
Current GRAMMY U Member
18 years or older
Member must provide his/her own transportation, lodging, and any other applicable expenses
Member must confirm transportation plans by Monday, January 9, 2017
HOW TO ENTER: To enter the contest click here.
2. The Contest begins Wednesday, November 16 at 9 a.m. PT / 11 a.m. CT / Noon ET and will close Friday, November 18, 2016 at 9 p.m. PT. (the “Contest Period”). To enter, you must be a current enrolled GRAMMY U member.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: A limited number of seatfiller opportunities are available and will be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis. Regional affiliation may be considered. Limit one (1) WINNER per household throughout the entire Contest. If you have previously participated as a seatfiller in the past, you are ineligible to participate again. Submitting for an opportunity does not guarantee you a spot.
4. PRIZES: Chosen members will be given a seatfiller position at the 59th GRAMMY Awards on Sunday, February 12, 2017.
A seatfiller’s job is to fill all of the empty seats located in the first 10-15 rows of the audience. This ensures that camera shots of the audience taken throughout the telecast do not show any empty seats. Seatfillers move during commercial breaks when the talent or their guest leaves or returns to their seat. There is a very limited amount of time to make this happen, so you will have to pay close attention to staff instructions and move quickly. Though many GRAMMY U members have been placed in on-camera seats in the past, we cannot guarantee you will be assigned one. In the event that happens you will be directed to return back to the holding area located in the rear of the house.
The show is formal attire. Men must come dressed in a dark suit with a jacket and tie or a tuxedo. Women, a formal, simple dress or a very nice pantsuit is required. Remember, this is a very elegant affair, so please dress accordingly. We also recommend that you wear comfortable shoes, as you will be on your feet for several hours.
Participating members must arrive on time. Due to the nature of these opportunities, timelines and security are very strict. Late participants should not anticipate being admitted.
Failure to show up for your seatfilling position will preclude you from attending any GRAMMY U events for the remainder of the school year.
These rules are in place to ensure that everyone has a great experience. Please remember that GRAMMY U members are guests. Anyone violating any of the following rules will be asked to leave immediately:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- No autograph collecting of any kind.
- No cameras allowed. If you are caught with a camera, it will also be taken from you and not returned so please do not try.
- No entering unauthorized areas. This includes the backstage area and after parties.
- Any refusal to follow staff or crew directions will result in removal.
- Eat before you arrive, as no food will be provided.
- Come dressed and ready for the show (see dress code for more information).
- Be prepared to stand for long periods of time.
Prize winners will not be provided with roundtrip airfare, overnight hotel accommodations or ground transportation to/from the event. Not included are any additional services, costs, or expenses, including taxes, food, refreshments, assessments, telephone charges, purchases, gratuities and incidentals, all of which are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted by the winner or redeemed for cash value. THE RECORDING ACADEMY may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. An individual may only win one time over the course of the contest. Federal, state and local taxes associated with the acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Unclaimed or rejected prizes will not be awarded. If a winner is considered a minor by state law, the prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian of the entrant.
5. REDEEMING PRIZES: Winners will be notified by Friday, December 2. Once notified, the potential winner must respond to the email address provided by the administrator of THE RECORDING ACADEMY within 48 hours of notification to confirm attendance. All potential winners are subject to verification at the sole discretion of THE RECORDING ACADEMY. Anti-fraud detection devices may be used to verify winning entries. Winning entries will be void and ineligible for a prize if they fail to pass anti-fraud detection measures, or if found to be photocopied, reproduced, altered, forged, defaced, tampered with, mutilated, torn, stolen, un-issued, unauthorized, traded, bartered, sold, illegitimately obtained or illegible in any way, or if they fail to contain authorized special markings and/or security codes, or if defective or if they contain printing or other mechanical errors. As part of the verification process, THE RECORDING ACADEMY may require winners to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within specified time period, or the prize may be forfeited. Unless otherwise agreed by THE RECORDING ACADEMY, winners will receive their prize via U.S. Mail, FedEx or United Postal Service within five business days of winning. Neither THE RECORDING ACADEMY nor its agencies are responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, delayed or damaged prizes.
6. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, entrant releases THE RECORDING ACADEMY Affiliates and their and their present and future parents, affiliates, successors, subsidiaries, licensees, assigns and related companies, and the past and present officers, directors, trustees, governors, volunteers, employees, representatives, agents, and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by his/her participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize, and entrant agrees that these entities are in no matter responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the promotion and/or the awarding of any prize.
7. GENERAL: All federal, state and local laws apply. By participating, entrants agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) to be bound by the decisions of THE RECORDING ACADEMY, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. THE RECORDING ACADEMY is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled or illegible entries; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by THE RECORDING ACADEMY on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. THE RECORDING ACADEMY reserves the right to permanently disqualify from this Contest any person it believes has violated these Official Rules. By accepting or participating in a prize, each winner irrevocably consents to the use of such winner’s name, likeness, image, voice, performance (in connection with interviews and other recordings), biographical information, and statements relating to the Contest or THE RECORDING ACADEMY Affiliates, without further compensation, in all world-wide marketing, promotion, and publicity carried out in perpetuity by any of THE RECORDING ACADEMY Affiliates in connection with this Contest. THE RECORDING ACADEMY reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by THE RECORDING ACADEMY in its sole discretion. If Contest is terminated before the end date/time, Sponsor will determine the winner from all eligible entries received as of the termination date/time. If any such malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest, THE RECORDING ACADEMY may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Contest by posting a notice on www.twitter.com/grammyu
8. DISCLAIMERS. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall any of THE RECORDING ACADEMY Affiliates, or any of their respective present and future parents, affiliates, successors, subsidiaries, licensees, assigns and related companies, or the past and present officers, directors, trustees, governors, volunteers, employees, representatives, agents, and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death, resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, the entrant agrees that, by entering the Contest, (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Entrants hereby acknowledge that THE RECORDING ACADEMY Affiliates have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied (including, but not limited to warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize), in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Each winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered to such winner via U.S. Mail, FedEx, United Parcel Service, or any other shipping agent.
9. WINNERS’ NAMES: For names of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope, (postage not required for Vermont residents) to: The Recording Academy Attn: GRAMMY U, 3030 W. Olympic Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90404. Requests must be received by December 16, 2016.
Sponsor of Contest: The National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, Inc. (“The Recording Academy”) 3030 W. Olympic Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404