New Orleans - GRAMMY Pro Studio Summit
GRAMMY Pro Studio Summit
The Recording Academy and the Producers & Engineers Wing will present a GRAMMY Pro Studio Summit at Esplanade Studios in New Orleans on Wednesday, May 3, 2017. The summit will feature a Keynote Conversation with GRAMMY winning engineer/producer Al Schmitt. GRAMMY winner Elliot Scheiner will serve as our Honorary Studio Summit Chair.
The summit will feature a Keynote Conversation with GRAMMY winning engineer/producer Al Schmitt. GRAMMY winner Elliot Scheiner will serve as our Honorary Studio Summit Chair.
The summit will also feature the following panels and workshops:
- 12 noon - Doors & registration opens
- 12:45 p.m. - Opening remarks - Elliot Scheiner, honorary event chair
- 1 p.m. - Keynote Conversation with Al Schmitt, interviewed by Maureen Droney
- 2:45 p.m. - Exploring the Producer/Engineer Relationship, featuring Lawrence "Boo" Mitchell, Gebre Waddell and others to be announced.
- 3:45 p.m. - Breakout sessions: Surround Sound Demonstration with Elliot Scheiner; In The Mastering Studio with John Fischbach and Brad Blackwood
- 5:05 p.m. - Producers & Engineers Wing Update with Maureen Droney, Chris Finney and Gebre Waddell
- 5:25 p.m. - Making Records with Mac with Al Schmitt, Chris Finney, and John Fohl
- 6:40 p.m. - Closing remarks - Elliot Scheiner, honorary event chair
- 6:50 p.m. - Closing Reception sponsored by ELS Studio
We are pleased to announce that MusiCares will offer Free Custom Ear Plugs for the first 50 eligible GRAMMY Pro Studio Summit attendees. From 2-6 p.m. ACS Custom will be on-site at the summit fitting eligible attendees, those with at least five years of professional music industry experience. Custom ear plug fitting appointments are limited and can be secured in advance at: https://grammyprostudiosummit.eventbrite.com.
We'll also have product demonstrations from a variety of gear manufacturers and a closing reception sponsored by ELS Studio Premium Audio.
We would like to thank our sponsors: ELS Studio Premium Audio, Esplanade Studios, PreSonus, JBL Professional by Harman, Rupert Neve Designs, sE Microphones, MusiCares and Sync Up Conference.
FREE Admission for Recording Academy members and Sync Up Conference attendees. Please RSVP via the link below.
For more information, contact the Reid Wick at 310.998.2644 or email@example.com.