New Orleans - GRAMMY Studio Summit
GRAMMY Studio Summit
The Recording Academy Memphis Chapter and the Producers & Engineers Wing present a GRAMMY Studio Summit at Esplanade Studios in New Orleans on Wednesday, April 29, 2015. The summit will feature a Keynote Conversation with 8-time GRAMMY-winning engineer/producer Elliot Scheiner, panel discussions on the Resurgence of Vinyl and Recording Roots Music today, as well as product demonstrations from a variety of gear manufacturers.
- Registration (and demos/mingling): 2 – 2:45 p.m.
- Welcome remarks: 2:45 – 3 p.m.
- Keynote Conversation: 3 – 4 p.m.
- Elliot Scheiner (8-time GRAMMY-winning engineer)
- Jonathan Pines (Rupert Neve Designs), interviewer
- Resurgence of Vinyl: 4:15 – 5:15 p.m.
- Eric Astor (Furnace Record Pressing)
- Bruce Barielle (mastering engineer)
- Ben Blackwell (Third Man Records)
- Jeff Powell (Take Out Vinyl - vinyl cutter)
- Recording Roots Music Today: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Scott Billington (Rounder Records, GRAMMY-winning producer), moderator
- Neal Cappellino (GRAMMY-winning engineer)
- Lawrence "Boo" Mitchell (Willie Mitchell's Royal Studios)
- Anders Osborne (artist and producer)
- Closing Reception (sponsored by ELS Studio powered by Panasonic) and various product demonstrations: 6:30 – 8 p.m.
Free admission for Recording Academy members and Sync Up registrants. RSVP using the link below. For more information, contact Reid Wick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.998.2644.