New Orleans - Studio Summit
The Recording Academy and the Producers & Engineers Wing will present our 4th annual Studio Summit at Esplanade Studios in New Orleans on Tuesday, May 1, 2017. The summit will feature a Keynote Conversation with GRAMMY winning producer/musician Don Was.
The summit will also feature the following panel discussions:
- 11:00 a.m. - Doors & registration opens
- 11:50 a.m. - Opening remarks - Jon Hornyak, Recording Academy Memphis Chapter Sr. Executive Director
- 12:00 p.m. - Keynote Conversation with Don Was, interviewed by Alison Fensterstock
- 1:40 p.m. - Developing Your Craft, featuring Emily Eck, Matt Ross-Spang, Jeff Powell and others to be announced
- 2:50 p.m. - What's The Deal With Metadata featuring Maureen Droney, Gebre Waddell and Bill Wilson
- 4:00 p.m. - Hip Hop Production Today featuring Jimmy Douglass, Carl Nappa, Nesby Phips and others to be announced
- 5:15 p.m. - Cosimo Matassa Family Tree featuring Chris Finney, Roberta Grace, Robert Parker and Ira "Dr. Ike" Padnos
- 6:15 p.m. - Closing Remarks
- 6:20 p.m. - Closing Reception
We are pleased to announce that MusiCares will offer Free Custom Ear Plugs for the first 50 eligible Summit attendees. From 2-5:30 p.m. ACS Custom will be on-site at the summit fitting eligible attendees, those with at least five years of professional music industry experience. Custom ear plug fitting appointments are limited and can be secured in advance at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/custom-ear-plugs-grammy-pro-studio-summit-may-1-2018-registration-44807940757.
We'll also have product demonstrations from a variety of gear manufacturers and a closing reception.
We would like to thank our sponsors: Producers & Engineers Wing, Louisiana Entertainment, Esplanade Studios, PreSonus, Rupert Neve Designs, sE Microphones, MusiCares and Sync Up Conference.
FREE Admission for Recording Academy members and Sync Up attendees. Please RSVP via the link below.
For more information, contact the Reid Wick at 310.998.2644 or email@example.com.