Washington, D.C. Chapter Seeking GRAMMY U Representative
Washington DC Chapter
Duration: August 2017 – June 2018
The Washington, D.C. Chapter is currently seeking a GRAMMY U Representative. The Recording Academy created GRAMMY U to help prepare college students for their careers in the music industry through networking, educational programs and performance opportunities. GRAMMY U is designed to enhance students' current academic curriculum with access to recording industry professionals to give an "out of classroom" perspective on the recording industry. This is your opportunity to gain vital experience and make important contacts within the music industry while coordinating events for you and your fellow students.
The Recording Academy and GRAMMY U are hosting events that matter to your education and this is your chance to get involved. If you are ready to recruit and lead your peers; this is the job for you. The Recording Academy provides an exciting work environment that can challenge and help develop the best marketing, financial, and creative skills!
- Applicant must be local to the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area
- Currently enrolled in a college/university. One year of course work towards degree in related field is preferred.
- Display an interest in music and commitment to a career in the recording industry.
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Possess strong verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Exhibit proficient computer skills.
- Be a sophomore or junior.
- Possess the ability to lead peers.
GRAMMY U REP DESCRIPTION:
- Duration is for one full school year unless otherwise indicated at time of interview.
- Hours are part-time (20 hours a week).
- Student Representative will work in a mobile office environment during regular business hours, as well as some evenings and weekends for events.
- Projects may include planning, organizing and leading campus meetings/events, assistance with event management, educational programs (GRAMMY in the Schools®), membership recruitment, database management, marketing/PR and administrative office support.
If you are interested in applying for the GRAMMY U Representative position with the Washington, D.C. Chapter, the application is available at the link below. All applications must be returned to Brittany.email@example.com by May 1, 2017. This includes the completed application, your resume, two reference letters from faculty, and narrative. (PLEASE NOTE: All signed documents must be physically signed. We do not accept electronic signatures.)